The Advance Skills for ERED course is a 1 year intensive course of study that combines in-person trainings, live virtual meetings and independent study. Cohorts are limited to 8 participants. This course is for people who wish to take a deeper dive into the embodied dance between provider and client that facilitates healing change. Areas of focus include personal embodiment, the embodied process of change, enhancing the clarity of assessment, nuancing the accuracy of interventions, and expanding the collaboration with clients and other providers. We explore and experience a wider variety of body-based interventions which enhance the effectiveness of the multi-disciplinary eating disorders treatment team.
***PLEASE NOTE: Registration for Advance Skills for ERED includes the completion of an application. Applications will be reviewed beginning November 15, 2022 and every two weeks after that. You will be notified of your acceptance status via email with options to either register or be added to the waitlist. Preference for this first Advance Skills for ERED cohort is based on participation in pre-requests trainings, consultation and teaching assistant opportunities.
This is a hybrid training with 3 in-person, 3-day modules and 9 virtual meetings in-between modules.
Topics for exploration, discovery and embodied knowledge include:
- Clinician’s Embodiment of Relational Cycle, Developmental Tasks/Ingredients, Character Strategies, Sensory Processing System
- Advance Assessment and treatment planning skills -tracking body and narrative to identify barriers to embodiment, developing therapeutic contract and appropriate areas for exploration.
- Advance Bottom-up facilitation skills-making contact and designing bottom-up interventions to facilitate embodiment.
- Clinician’s unique application of ERED approach.
- Building a somatically integrative team: Complimentary and Alternative Medicine modalities and Somatic Therapies, Psycho-education, Treatment Team Collaboration, Ethics.Building a somatically integrative team: Complimentary and Alternative Medicine modalities and Somatic Therapies, Psycho-education, Treatment Team Collaboration, Ethics.
There are two out of class projects required. The first is a creative representation of character strategies. The second is a presentation on a CAM modality. In addition, participants will be required to experience a variety of somatic practices, such as Reiki, Myofacial Release, Polarity, or Craniosacral therapy. Details of these requirements will be provided at the first virtual meeting.
The training is appropriate for all members of multidisciplinary eating disorders treatment teams including mental health professionals (Psychologist, Social Workers, Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Creative Art Therapists), medical providers (MD’s, Psychiatrists, Nurses), Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, treatment program staff and adjunct providers such as yoga therapist who have completed course pre-requisites are motivated to engage in an experiential learning process that includes both self exploration and skills for clinical practice. This training is also applicable for the same professionals who work with common co-occuring disorders such as addiction, mood disorders and trauma which arise from the same mind/body/spirit constellation that gives rise to eating disorders.
- Introduction to Embodied Recovery for Eating Disorders
- Fundamental Skills for Working with the Body in Mental Health Settings*
- Moving Through Barriers to Embodiment / Clinical Applications of ERED
- Growing Seeds of Attachment*
- Coming to Our Senses About ED: An Exploration of Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Eating Disorders*
*These course need to be completed by the beginning of the last module. Students may fulfill these requirements with similar classes. For example, students who have completed Somatic Experiencing or Sensorimotor Psychotherapy training can apply those trainings to fulfill the Fundamental Skills for Working with the Body in Mental Health settings class.
Tuition and Refund Policy
See the individual cohort listing for tuition fees.
Note: Payment is not due until applicant receives notice of acceptance.
Full Tuition: $3995 (payment plan available of 10 monthly payments of $393)
Early Bird Discounted Tuition: $3780 (Payment deadline dependent on individual training dates)
REFUND: Refund of full tuition paid minus $150 available if cancellation is made up to 6 weeks prior to start of the training. Refund of 50% of tuition paid minus $150 available if cancellation is made between 2-6 weeks prior to start of training. No refund available available if cancellation is made within 2 weeks of start of training.
There are currently no CE’s offered for this course. We are looking at options for providing CE’s for portions of this course. If you need to receive CE’s, please note this on your application.