Dates: October 5-7, 2018
Location: Hyatt Place Durham Southpoint, 7840 NC Hwy 751, Durham, NC, 27713.
Tuition: $600 per module. Deposit of $150.00 is required to reserve space in the course. Full payment due by August 24, 2018. Refund of full tuition minus $100 available until August 24, 2018. Refund of 50% minus $100 is available until September 21, 2018. No refund after September 21, 2018.
Lodging: Discounted rates are available at Hyatt Place Durham Southpoint, 7840 NC Hwy 751, Durham, NC, 27713. Phone, 919.688.7800 option “0” to speak with the reservation team. Group Code G-ERPT
This Intermediate level course is appropriate for therapists, dietitians, psychiatrists, medical professionals, and treatment center staff who work with clients with eating disorders in any capacity who have completed Level I.
Presenters: Rachel Lewis-Marlow, LPC, LMBT, Certified Advanced Practitioner of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy. Rachel is a co-founder of Embodied Recovery Institute and maintains private practice in Chapel Hill, NC. Please see About Page for full bio. Paula Scatoloni, LCSW, CEDS, SEP is a co-founder of Embodied Recovery Institute and maintains a private practice in Chapel Hill, NC. Please see About Page for full bio.
- Friday: 9am-5:30pm
- Review of Embodied Recovery Model and Module 1, Insight Barrier, Developmental "Push"
- Didactic and experiential exploration of Action Cycle Stage of Effectiveness and somatic organization of Developmental "Reach"
- Didactic and experiential exploration of Response Barrier in eating disorders and attachment
- Saturday: 9am-5:30pm
- The impact of trauma on Effectiveness and Normative Eating
- Internventions to enhance embodiment of Developmental Reach
- Boundaries and Reaching
- Sunday: 9am-4pm
- Becoming an Embodied Therapist-"Reaching" in the therapeutic relationship
- Case studies-application of Embodied Recovery Model to current case load, identifying treatment goals and interventions related to Response Barrier
Continuing Education: We are currently in process of working with a new continuing education credit provider. This information with be updated soon.